Tuesday, April 08, 2008

So, I admit I have been avoiding.
Avoiding e-mail, the phone, this blog, ducking if I see someone in the grocery store....all to avoid the inevitable questions.
When are you due again?
Is that baby ever going to come?
No baby, yet?
Still hanging in there?
For those of you that have never had to wait on a baby, consider yourself blessed. Answering these questions really is not a problem, it is the multitude of times in a day that I am asked to answer them. As if I am not anxious enough about having a baby and being overdue, talking about it all day long will certainly do it. So, if you call here and Josh answers the phone "No baby yet, this is Josh" and I am "unavailable"...that is why.

I agree with Michelle....I am officially over it!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Girl, I feel your overdue pain! This too shall pass. And go ahead and hide, if that's what you need to do.

Nicole said...

So, now you need to have a post where people will give you their tried and true remedies for making that baby come out!

Cervical massages, anyone? A.K.A. "scraping of the membranes"?

MiniMe Mom said...

Been there, done that....three times LOL

Since that is not working (and not all that pleasant), I think I might pass on that, too. :-)

Mary said...

I didn't know when you were due! Cole's bday is Saturday so even though I never want anyone to go overdue, a few more days won't hurt, will it?;)

I got Cole out with lots of walking and dreadfully; sex, blech. Of course he was huge so there is no telling if any of that worked or he just ran out of room.

Good luck! Any names yet?

Olivia said...

I remember going to a different church on the Sunday when I was overdue - just to avoid all the questions!

Michelle said...

Maybe you Michelle and I can have a caster oil party. Praying it ends for you SOON!

Laurie said...

Good luck. Baby #2 for us was born three weeks early after sex. Everyone asked if we were trying to induce labor ... to which I had to respond honestly and say I was just feeling amorous that night! :)

Good luck and I hope it happens soon.