Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A few more pictures







First pix together



Totally random-we went to EK to swim when I was in labor






Josh's parents



My mom



First day home, still a litle cone headed



Kayden and I playing outside when I got home from hospital





From today


What a difference six days make!


Last week Monday, I was told by my DR that they would not induce me until end of this week. Of course, knowing how large Kayden was and how many problems I had-- I panicked. Thank goodness I did not have to wait that long! Bryce actually broke his collarbone due to size and was stuck for a long time so I am thankful I had him when I did.
Great hospital visit; I love being in the hospital after delivery. The pace of life is so much slower and I love just being able to sit and hold him all day. I missed Kayden so much, though, and by the second night I was ready for some one on one with my first boy. AND some good food. That food was horrible!
The first night home was....rough. Bryce slept the best of all of us. We had some technical problems with how the bedroom was laid out so we had to move it around in the middle of the night. Josh then tripped over the newly positioned baby bed twice, leading to everyone waking up. We finally settled down and Kayden fell out of bed for the first time ever. Thankfully, it has gotten so much better. Knock on wood, but Bryce has been only waking up every four hours the last few nights. I am not expecting it to last, but thankful I have it for now!
I am feeling overwhelmed. When I focus on the day to day, all is well. However, when I start to think about adding balancing a business with all of this, I feel really overwhelmed. I am trying so hard to still give Kayden a lot of attention and also take time to really enjoy this newborn stage. They are small for such a short time, if I blink I am afraid I will miss it! Fitting in work just seems so much harder now, but I have mostly moms as customers so they have been really understanding.
Bryce had his first DR visit today- 9lbs, 11 oz already and is 97% for height. 95% for weight.
Well, that is it for now. Thanks for all the well wishes sent our way. I am a little slow on the e-mails right now so sorry if you have not gotten a personal response:-) I will try to post more pix later.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Bryce is so handsome! I love the updated pictures

two things:

1) Who drinks all the Coke?
2) Kayden does not look too happy there ;)

Katie said...

Love all the picts - can't wait till tomorrow!

Mary said...

Don't worry about anyone else but you and your boys, no one else matters. Bryce looks so much like Kayden! They will be the best of friends in no time. I LOVE having 2 boys!! Take care and get some rest.

Debbie Savage said...

Hi Jamie,

Congratulations!!!! I wish I could give you a big hug right now! Bryce is so handsome and little Kayden is so cute! Your husband sounds so wonderful and supportive (love the story of him tripping over the kid's bed at night and waking them up).

You are doing a great job! For me, after the 3 month mark I felt a lot better about my new role as mommy of two. You are doing super and Heavenly Father is right behind you. I am totally here for you anytime.

Love,
Debbie Savage
Baby Emi Jewelry