Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tom and Sharon


"Did you know Tom and Sharon went dancing together the other night?" puffy-blond hair lady worker number one asks worker number two, both standing behind the counter at the drug store tonight. If I squint my eyes, worker 2 almost looks like a short Sandra Bullock with glasses.


"You are kidding me, are they dating?" says worker two, rolling her eyes.


I set down two two-liters of Coke, york peppermint patties (on sale right now- 2 bags for $2), and a ring pop for Kayden, waiting patiently to be tended to.


Worker Number one, pensive, tapping her nails on the counter: "Not that I know. Did you know they worked together last week the entire night, though? I wonder if it started then?"


I clear my throat, still waiting to be acknowledged.


"Where did they go dancing?" says worker two, adjusting her red-rimmed glasses.


"I have no idea. Do you think they make a cute couple? Sharon has liked Tom for a while now" says all knowing lady worker one.


"You are kidding, I did not know that" exclaims worker two as she loads up cases of cigarettes.


I clear my throat again.


Reluctantly, worker number one looks down at my Coke and scans it through the system, not yet wanting to leave her conversation. Still looking at worker 2, she carries on uninterrupted as she scans the second coke.


"Yeah, most people didn't," says worker one. Pausing for a moment, "I wonder how long it will last."


A few more nuggets of banter back and forth followed, never once stopping conversation for a hello.
I admit I felt a little....non-existent.


Filed under annoying.


I did get a great consolation prize, though- York peppermint patties. Yum.



-----------------------------------------------



By the way, free shipping on blurb books through Novmember 20th if you want to go that route for Christmas gifts. I have a code, e-mail me if interested.

9 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds similar to almost every customer service encounter I've had lately...

Laurie said...

How dare you interrupt their very important conversation! ;)

Anonymous said...

This wouldn't happen at Professional Pharmacy. I may be talking about basketball or hunting.

Anonymous said...

Remind Josh we have a HUGE game @ 7:30 Wednesday

Anonymous said...

All I know is a certain Professional Pharmacy captain needs to have my new #1 jersey ready on Wednesday night for me to make my debut!

Anonymous said...

I saw it there last week.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE, you are such a blessing to me.

Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Our number one big man will be sporting an number 1 jersey weds. night. It is washed, ironed, and starched and ready to go. Happy birthday Minime. You looked the least pregnant in that circle of expectant moms sunday. Wasn't that amazing, I had to keep Jude away from all you girls, she might get Ideas!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

Fig, I ate a lot of yellow cake with chocolate frosting this week, so that might be a different sight this coming Sunday:-)