Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you...

This year, I am thankful for:

Finding a wonderful church. Josh and I never really got connected in California to a church (our own doing). Through coffee break and small group, I feel like I am growing and connecting to other believers.

I am so thankful for Josh. No one wants to hear mushies on that front, but he is a great guy and I am blessed to have him.

Someone told me when I had Kayden- "Imagine the most work you have ever done in your life, times ten. Now imagine the most joy you have ever felt and times that by eleven. That is what parenting is." I love being a mom, and now I get to do it all over again.

Extended family- one of the things I missed most when I lived in CA was spending time with my parents and brothers. We have always been really close, and I love hanging out with them.

Good health. The new baby is healthy, as are all of us. Example after example lately of young people I know struggling to survive reminds me of how lucky we are to have good health.

Great friends. All of you. I am so grateful for each person in my life right now, as each brings something different I am thankful for.

Loving my job. So much better than waitressing.




I am going to try to get a few ultrasound pictures up soon. It was fun to see the baby yawning and rubbing it's eyes, lots of kicking...Hard to believe it is only still around 14 ounces!

Speaking of babies- Josh's sister had her baby today. A healthy baby boy- Kyler William Young. He was about the same weight as Kayden was when he was born, yet I never remember Kayden being quite that small!

Hope you all had a great day and much to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear the baby is healthy! Praises!

and congratulations to Josh's sister...a playmate for Kayden and the baby!

Michelle said...

I'm thankful for you Jamie!

Anonymous said...

We're thankful for Josh too!