Saturday, July 14, 2007

Summertime- one of my favorite times of year. The sun, swimming, smells of coconut suntan lotion and...
mounds and mounds of crocs.
This could be a controversial post, but I had to comment anyway. I understand that these are perhaps the most comfortable shoes in the world, but I have even heard them referred to as cute. Seriously? A big hunk of plastic with a bunch of holes in it? Colors that make me reminisce about the days of Rainbow Bright.
Comfortable? Perhaps. Cute?
I would love to hear your comments.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

My sis-in-law was just discussing this very subject. I find them wonderfully functional for kids, as for me, I don't need to draw any more attention to my gi-normous size 10 clown feet. I stick with my Havaianas!

Anonymous said...

This is so great! I HATE Crocs as well....Ashlyn tried talking me into them and i just couldn't do it! BARF!

But, I will say, whoever invented these is sitting quite well, right now....

Unknown said...

I agree with chelle - they are easy for the kids.

I must admit I do have a pair for myself but just to wear around the house when I work on the gardens and yard.

Triplet Mom said...

I first saw them on 5th graders who were wearing them with socks. That ruined it for me! I don't own a pair, and don't want to. Why are $2.50 Old Navy flip flops not good enough? I can afford many different colors, they are comfortable, they look better, I can get them wet, and I can slip them on & off. Why buy Crocs?

Sonny Huisman said...

I agree that they're ugly, but both my girls have them and I love them! They're indestructible, light weight, easy to clean, they float and, therefore can double as swim shoes in the lake . . . but I agree - not so cute - unless you mean cute in an ugly way (kind of like newborn babies).