Thursday, July 26, 2007

Story for you...

After six hours in the air, another hour waiting and getting a rental car, a half hour waiting for In and Out Burger, almost another half hour trying to get back to the freeway since my hubby missed the on ramp, and then the hour and a half ride into Redlands, we were spent. Kayden was sleepy and really worn out, and all I wanted to do was put him to bed and go to bed myself.

The people's house we are staying at are out of the country, and they said they would leave a key under the front mat. We got to their house around 11pm...no key. So, we are thinking, what do we do now? We could pack all our luggage back up and go find someone else to stay with, but I told my husband to check around first and make sure none of the doors were unlocked.

Sure enough, the back slider door was unlocked. Josh and I both said our prayers, thanking God we did not have to put him back in the car seat (which is a rental, by the way, that smells like old library books and cigarettes- they left ours in Denver). We started unloading and putting our son to bed and about a half hour later, the phone rings. Apparently there had been a young girl in the house looking after it before we came. She saw Josh come through the door, ran upstairs, jumped off the balcony and ran two miles home because she thought we were burglars. Her mom called to see if she could send her brother back to retrieve her stuff, since she was still scared and would not come back.

Oops....


On another note, this is the first time I have seen my blog on a Mac, and it looks horrible! I am going to have to look into that when I get home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up!

"...She saw Josh come through the door, ran upstairs, jumped off the balcony and ran two miles home because she thought we were burglars"

Josh didn't notice the girl running up stairs? She musta been pretty quiet.

And yes, Mac's blow

Michelle said...

First of all, let me address the Mac issue, you were probably using the web browser Safari. I use FireFox. you blog looks absolutely fabulous on this browser. for some reason it doesn't jive with Safari. Don't diss the Mac, dawg!

Secondly, I hope the remainder of your trip is smooth sailing...keep blogging if you can, I'd love to hear about your West coast adventures.

Dana said...

Yep. It's a Safari thing, not a Mac thing. Just wanted to second Michelle's comment, I guess.

And that poor girl...must have seen Scream one too many times or something.

Laurie said...

One word for your story - HI-LAR-IOUS!

Sonny Huisman said...

I've been wondering why I'm the only one who seems to have an issue reading your blog . . . it's SAFARI! Huh! It feels so good to have that resolved . . . I was beginning to think I was losing it.

Poor girl . . . she'll never be the same again!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your trip started off so rough. I hope things get better.

Your blog looks good to me, but then I'm one of those who doesn't have a mac.

MiniMe Mom said...

Sonny, I wondered what you were talking about. I think normally, the background is the dots and then there is a pink part where the lettering is. It is very hard to read in Safari!!

Triplet Mom said...

I too suffer from the Safari view. I have Firefox, but I find it a little slower.

I can't imagine why the girl was scared! Josh is only 7 feet tall!

Keep us posted.