Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Break

So, how is spring break going for you?

I am ready for summer having Josh here all week! It is so nice having him home. Kayden and him are big buddies. We have had people over we usually only see in the summer time. I even got Josh to stay up to, gasp, twelve o'clock one night.

Some highlights of this week:

  • Kayden- on one of our many walks, looking intently into the storm draim, "Kayden wants to go swimming"
  • Chuck E Cheese- what is vacation without Chuck E?
  • Big Red Lighthouse- I did not realize that the end of the pier in Holland is an open block of concrete! Josh and I were talking and looked up to see him running straight for the water. Good thing Josh is quick. I probably would not have caught him. Brrr, cold.
  • Thursday we are going to go over and see the triplets. Josh has not met them yet, so we are excited.
  • Sleeping in-without even opening my eyes, I usually frantically search for the remote so Kayden can cuddle up and watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse in the morning, giving me an extra twenty minutes of sleep. No Meescha Mooshca this week!
  • Uccello's Pizza- how have I not know about this pizza? $12.67 for two 14" pizzas and breadsticks. Delicious.
  • My dad setting up for the 17 hour car ride to Florida (Leaving in two weeks). He had Josh bring over the car seat for a "test run". At one point he talked about creating a freestanding apparatus to attach the portable DVD player to, just so Kayden could swivel the DVD player. He finally settled on attaching it to the seat. I swear he will still make one. That is actually one thing I love about my dad- he is a problem solver and a fixer. He can fix or build anything.
  • Jamie with a chainsaw. Our tree out front needed some trimming, so I used my dad's "chainsaw on a stick". Not the technical term for it, mind you. I actually had a lot of fun until Josh came and watched me cut one branch down. Possibly the fact that it is on a stick frightened him. Images of me dropping the heavy chainsaw through the window, or worse-the electrical line close by, made him take over pretty quickly. He cut a few branches and broke the chainsaw chain. Thankfully Dad already fixed it.

I can see why kids have such a hard time going back to school after Spring Break. This taste of non-structure makes me long for lazy summer days. One of the teachers Josh taught with in California was often asked, "What is your favorite part of teaching?" to which he always replied, "June, July, and August".

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait until Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with going to bed on time Josh. Of course I will have to kick you all out by 9 Thursday so I can go to sleep

Triplet Mom said...

I'm so desparate for summer, I layed out on my back deck for 45 minutes yesterday. We had a little sun, and I took it!

Katie said...

I can just see you out there with a chainsaw on a stick :)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about Chuck E's too...also about all the snotty noses we might encounter.

I can't believe you dared rev up that chainsaw...I dont even know how to start the lawnmower. Yikes, I better watch all these confessions of mine. First the tire thing, then the carwash and now this...

tami said...

First of all, we should all go to Chuck E. Cheese together.
Secondly, I may not know how to change a tire but I am the one who mows the lawn, that's right all summer long, and I am the one who put the gas grill together. See Braaaaad, we all have our strenghs.

Triplet Mom said...

Jamie! Sophie woke up with a really snotty nose! Go figure, it starts to snow and BANG- colds! Do you want to cancel tomorrow?

Yeah, and that deck I was laying out in the sun on yesterday is covered in snow now. Michigan stinks!

MiniMe Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiniMe Mom said...

Oh Man!! That stinks! We were really looking forward to seeing you guys!

I guess we better, it seems like Kayden catches things fast this winter. All you seasoned moms out there- please tell me this gets better? He catches everything.

Michelle said...

It gets better! Kayden is prime age for catching everything. It seems to get better as they age, it did for my Dewey.

Michelle said...

Tami, are you mental? Chuck E. Cheese with all our kids???!!!?? I think I have been there one too many times in my parenting career. I have grown cynical. We should do some type of playdate though. Playdate--that word is so momish.

Anonymous said...

I agree. It will get better...When Austin was Kayden's age, he caught everything!! Brent thought for sure something was wrong with him. As of only 2 months ago, he started to be healthy again. Hang in there! One good thing I heard thru the grapevine was that if they are always sick when they're young, they won't be so much when they're older.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that motion Nicole. I was sick constantly. Then they took my tonsils out and I almost never get even a sniffle. Stacey gets sick every other week it seems but I never get it from her.


I never knew people cared so much about not being around sick kids!!! Even adults have stayed away from our house when Stacey or one of the girls had a runny nose! It BLOWS my mind!!!

Personally, my opinion is, so what, let them get sick. As long as it is only a cold and not flu. Helps build immune system

MiniMe Mom said...

Easy for you to say Braaaad. It is easy for Josh to say too, because he is not home with the whining ALL DAY! I can take a lot, but after the fourth day of hanging on me, snotty green boogers being wiped on my sleeve, and nothing but high pitched whines...my patience is GONE.

Anonymous said...

Snotty, green boogers - I love your way with words. I suggest you teach them the "farmers blow" and send them outside. My dad forced Stacey outside when she was little now it is time for your kids.

Triplet Mom said...

Brad's opinions are just that... BRAD's opinions. Nothing he says reflects the opinions of his wife or anyone else in the Pylman household. Please do not send any form of complaint to his wife. Direct all complaints to Brad himself via his email address.

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Bring 'em on!!

Anonymous said...

When they are btw 0-2yrs, sick kids are tiring...but after that, colds don't bother me. I even dared go to McDonalds playland every tuesday after coffeebreak and the kids are still alive...just take stock in hand sanitizer and douse them in it afterwards.