Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Is God pushing rewind?

Seems like we are going backwards. Waking up to six inches of blowing snow is certainly not making it look like spring is coming any time soon. We even had the pool guy drop off the chemicals needed for this summer today and I thought, "Why bother?"



Flat tires must be the order for this month, because not only did Tami have one recently, but my two brothers and I had one also. As I was getting four new one installed today, someone ran into an electrical line on our street, knocking out power from 3-10:30. Two thoughts came to mind:
  • We must have either exceptionally clumsy drivers, or very low poles. This is the second time in the last seven months that someone has split an electrical pole in half, leaving wires dangling over the street and us without power for six or seven hours.
  • I take electricity for granted. Do you know what there is to do without lights, a computer/sewing machine, television, or heat? Not much. After about an hour and half of talking in bed, Josh and Kayden finally fell fast asleep, leaving me just getting more and more annoyed that I could be doing something. Anything!

I have heard that the snow is not lifting anytime soon. Hopefully by the time I come back, the outlook will be little more promising around here.

5 comments:

Katie said...

You are so lucky that you are going away - just in time to get away from the miserable weather here! Have a great time!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

I am hoping it will pass by the time I get back:-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and what a perfect week you picked to go south :)

Joan

Anonymous said...

Wait a darn second....Do you mean you have a pool?????????????

MiniMe Mom said...

It came with the house:-) We have open swim every friday afternoon. If it ever got warmer, I would let you all know that:-)