Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Naughty Blogger List: MiniMe Mom

My only excuse I have is that I have been adding many products lately, and it took a lot longer than I thought it would.

I hope all of you had a nice Easter. Our church service was beautiful and I found myself emotional at the wierdest of times.. thinking of Sam Post, my friend Joan that lost both of her parents recently. Realizing our suffering and brokeness is nothing compared to the sacrifice of the cross....

----------------------------------------

Update on Kayden, from the mouth of babes:
Kayden lately is being a big tease. I will ask him "Do you like Puppies or Kittens?" and he will always say Kittens even though I know he likes Puppies better. He then laughs and laughs with that glint in his eye. This repeats all day- he will tease my mom that he is really Papa's Sweetheart and not Grandma's sunshine. He teases rotating between Joy and Lacie. If I ask him if he likes Lacie, he says he likes Joy better and vice versa. He is on his way to the VanderPloeg art of pushing buttons.

Easter picture with Josh's parents:

Kayden did not really "get" the idea of egg hunting this year. Saturday morning at 9am, we traveled to Jenison for the Easter Egg hunt at their church. Arriving with a big bag in hand for all the candy my son would receive, and I would eat, we eagerly anticipated the start of the hunt. After the sermon, all the 1-2 year olds (plus parents) huddled behind the caution tape until the organizer said "GO". Kayden quickly picked up four smartie packs and decided he was spent. We watched as all the other kids loaded their baskets full of eggs. Alas, I did not really need the candy anyway.

And from Chuck E. Cheese:

with the giant sucker he got:

-----------------------------------------------------

Throw open the beach houses, wax the surfboard.... I have been asked a lot by all you Californians when we are coming to visit. Josh and I just got tickets for the end of July. We are taking Kayden with us this time, and so excited to see you all again...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayden's hair style is so cute!

I can relate to the emotional-ness of church...90 percent of the time, I well up during church. I'm hoping people just think I have watery eyes or something...or they'll just think I'm unstable :)

Triplet Mom said...

I too became teary-eyed in church on Sunday morning. I was just thinking about how blessed I am, and the songs really got to me!

Angie said...

We sang the song "In Christ Alone" at our Easter Service, and although I normally get emotional during this song this year was worse. The line "from life's first cry to final breath" made me lose it. I think that God giving his Son takes on a whole new meaning when you have a child of your own.

Anonymous said...

YAY! California misses you! I can't wait to see Kayden. I look at your blog every time I look at Angela's blog. Kayden is so cute!
Jillian