Thursday, February 22, 2007

Soggy Sack

I met a new couple at church the other day. After we had discussed kids, church, what they do for work, the conversation went like this:

Male: So, what do you do? Do you work full time, stay at home?
Me: Yes, I stay at home with my son, and I sew as a side business
Male: Oh, that's cool. What do you sew?
Me: Baby items
Me, thinking to myself that I have to get better at pitching my products
Male: What kind of baby products?
Me: Well, my most popular item right now is a wetbag, and another
Male, Interrupting: A wetbag?
Me: Yes, a wetbag
Male, smirking: Do you know what that is?
Me: Yes, it is a waterproof bag
Male: You might want to look that one up

Befuddled, I googled it. Currently, I am selling something with the name equivalent of a soggy scrotum. That's nice. Just what someone wants as a gift.

So, I am working on a new name. Here's what I have so far:

Zip Dry
Posh Preserver
Wet Happened?
Keep it Klean
Soak N' Seal
Sealed with Style

Not great, but better than a private part at this point. No pictures needed for this post.

9 comments:

Dana said...

I thought that sounded familiar...and now I'm just giggling like a 10 year old.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of that term!! That is too funny!

You are so creative..That's the buisness mind coming out in you. I like all your new names you've come up with..

Let me clarify something...so would a soggy scrotum be a sweaty one???

Michelle said...

I still like wet bag.

Anonymous said...

Jamie...Thanks for the laugh this morning....love you..Joan

tami said...

Only a males mind would go there. I like Zip Dry.

Laurie said...

LOL! I seriously am - sometimes I write that I'm really not LOLing. :) I can just picture this conversation ... but can't believe it happened at church of all places. I vote for Wet Happened?

Unknown said...

Hi Janice,
I thought I would stop by your blog and got a good giggle, I remember responding to your post, but not thinking about the soggy sack thing, too funny. I told my husband and he suggested the Soggy Travel Pack/Bag as well. Be sure to let us know what you have decided on. Also, stop by my blog and read about the latest on Titus, we have witnessed a miracle, the fluid on his brain has disappeared! Praise God!

Sonny Huisman said...

Oh my word! I laughed outloud when I read this blog entry! I also shared the story with whoever would listen to me . . . hysterical!

Anyway, my vote is Wet Happened?!

Nise' said...

Thanks for the giggle. Not sure how I found your blog, too many clicks to remember. Enjoyed reading what you had to share and was even more tickled when I found out that you are close to me. I live in Grand Haven! It's a small bloggity world!