Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The outfit

The talented Katie DeBoer's gift to me when Tessa was born was the fabulous photo shoot she did, which captured our NICU stay so perfectly.

I cherish those photos, and am so thankful for that gift.

It was more than I could even ask for.

Imagine my surprise when she handed me a gift bag at school one afternoon, with this adorable outfit.

"Well, there is a story behind it," she said.




It has to do with the receipt, specifically the date on the receipt.


It took me a few minutes to figure it out.


Anyone want to guess why this outfit is so special?

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Brycer's due date?

MiniMe Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie said...

I'm with Michelle on this one :)

Katie said...

Aww - It fits her so cute! And it looks much better on her than it would have on Bryce :) Ha ha

Sarah said...

I'm wondering if April 4 was the day you received the news that your baby would probably not survive. (I'm not sure, a shot in the dark.) Or maybe the day you found out she was a girl? I'm sure there's a cool story behind it...:)

Sarah said...

Oops, I just noticed it said 2008. I'm way off. :)

Jamie said...

Katie actually bought it for Bryce, a few days before he was born, because she was so sure he was a she. When I had Tessa, she went to get a gift bag and found this outfit. I love it!