Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Familia update

So, how is Tessa girl doing?

Other than her lack of sleep at night, she is awesome. She sleeps between 2-3 hours between 11pm-5am. Around 4:30-5, I hand her off to Josh to catch some ZZZZs before our day starts.

This morning, I missed preschool.



Oops. Sorry Bryce.

She is still on caffeine, thus still on an apnea monitor. Once she has zero alarms for two weeks, they will take her off the caffeine, and then monitor her for another 2 weeks.

In all truth, I like the monitor most of the time. Especially when she is sleeping.

Tessa is not allowed out, except for doctor's appointments. The biggy for her is RSV. Because her bronchial tubes are already more narrow, it could be very detrimental to her. This month, she will start getting the ever expensive Synergis shot. At $1500 a pop, these monthly shots run through April and are supposed to help minimize the seriousness should she get it.

That girl has been feisty since the day she was born, and I think she gets more stubborn every day.

She hates to be put down.

Still in newborn clothes, but probably not for long.

In all seriousness, she farts louder than an old man. I cannot believe this girl's bottom. Her features are so dainty and she just lets them rip.

Already, you can tell she has brothers.


We take illness pretty serious around the Bird home.

Josh has worn a mask for the last week because he has bronchitis.



These boys are so happy we are home.


They missed their momma and I missed them.


My one goal lately is to spend more time in active playtime. I can easily get caught up in housework and tasks and to do lists, but the fragility of human life was never more present to me than with Tessa girl.


Tomorrow is not a guarantee.


We have a weigh in on Friday. My guess is 8.5 lbs.


Josh says closer to nine.


Any other guesses?

No comments: