Wednesday, February 09, 2011

This lady


ADVANCE NOTICE: I am about to get sappy.


I mentioned in my last post that this pregnancy has been an uphill journey for me. The support of my friends helped me tremendously.

I wanted to devote an entire post to these people, though. My parents.

Going in to egg retrieval, the doctor's knew there was a pretty good chance I would get really sick with OHSS. And oh, did I get sick. A good, solid 5-6 days of being sick. About three days into it, I could not keep any food down, so they wanted me to come in for an ultrasound and IV fluids.

I will never forget the love and support I felt as I was sobbing on my bed, and my parents loving embrace as they tried to comfort me. I was beside myself that, on top of all the money we had to pay, I might have to pay $1500 more to have fluid drained from my abdomen.

Time and again, they have stepped up to the plate to help me out. Only in my adult years have I learned that not all parents are like this. Not all parents will drop everything in their own life to support their kids.

Throughout these last few emotional weeks, my mom has been by my side every day to keep my mind off things.

Blessed beyond measure, I am.

1 comment:

Tania said...

jamie, your parents sound wonderful. you are blessed indeed. xoxo