Sunday, October 11, 2009

We love Apples







Nothing says fall like a trip to Robinettes Apple Orchard.
The yummy donuts, winding through the orchard on the covered wagon, or watching apples being pressed into cider.
I love fall.
Most years.
I am not trying to be a complainer, but I really do wish we had a little less rain this year. Being that this is the last glimpse of playing outside before the snow starts flying, it would be wonderful to actually enjoy the fall leaves and pumpkin patches that are traditions for the Bird family.
Sure, the bursts of red and orange hued leaves are glorious, but I want to rake them into a pile to frolic in without soaking my clothes. Hanging spiders from the trees outside just isn't the same in a rain coat and hat.
Two years ago, we had one last burst of warmth in October. Is it too much to wish for just a few 65 degree DRY days before winter arrives?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You have been hanging around me too long, you know how I feel about Fall... ;-)

Fall does make from some really cute pix though.