Monday, October 12, 2009

Fashion

I admit I am a bit of a trend straddler.


Not comfortable in most of the junior section, yet not fully in the misses. The Pennington Division at JC Pennys, with the purple polyester blazers and plain cable knit sweaters, is not my style.


Josh gave me some much needed time out to shop for a few shirts this weekend, so I set out with the intent of buying something:


flattering
somewhat trendy
long sleeved
not black
not white
not gray
not neon
not flannel
not polyester or cable knit



Want to know what I found?


Oodles of leg warmer wearing teens, looking like Jennifer Beal wanna bes.

Don't get me wrong. I love the 80's. Nothing beats the music, and I certainly appreciate a color other than black.

However, I cannot find it to embrace the countless neon pants and off the shoulder tops. I even witnessed bejeweled bustier top, layered ruffle skirt, and lace tight outfits at every store I went to.

Just not practical for the car pool line. I left with zero new shirts and a sense that it is going to be hard to find clothes this season. I mean, other than the short sleeved neon top I need to go with my leg warmers:-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We NEED to shop together and embrace the neon. Not an entire shirt of hot pink, just a touch of it.

I have a layered ruffle skirt, but it's black, not leopard (another big trend)
Girl, you can pull off this fashion! Keep on trying, and call me to come with you!! ! ! !

MiniMe Mom said...

I accept. I could use some help. STAT :-)

Just no bustier tops, please LOL