Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Decorations

The big old box of fall decorations came out this weekend. It hit me that when these come down, Christmas decorations go up.

Yikes.
One of my favorite decorations that I pull out every year are little orange pumpkin booties and a yellow Halloween blanket from when Kayden was in the hospital.


Every time I see them, I am reminded of the pure, completely crazy love when you see your baby for the first time. As Elizabeth Stone puts it, it is deciding to forever have your heart walk around outside your body. There is nothing like it.

As I was looking for these booties, I came across this picture, taken about five years ago. Good golly, I was a house!

and this one, on Halloween, at our house in Redlands.

Just strolling along memory lane, folks. Don't mind me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking back and remembering Kayden as a newborn. I know that he owns a great big part of my heart along with Bryce. I sure love those little boys!!!!!

grandma

Unknown said...

yeah for memory lane. LOL!!!