Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Josh.

Most of you know how Josh and I met, and someday I will actually sit down and write it all out for those of you that don't. For today, though, I want to fast forward to Christmas, the first time we saw each other again after I flew out to CA to meet him.

He had just met my family, and was standing in the kitchen of my mother's house with my brother. It was late in the evening, I want to say even early morning, and Josh was just headed back to his parents house to sleep. After he left, I overheard this conversation.

My brother turned to my mom, and said he really liked Josh.

Mom: Why do you say that? Is there something that makes you say that?

Brother: Well, every time Jamie is in the room, he is watching out for her. He can't take his eyes off her. I can just tell he really loves her.

Thank you for moving to Michigan when you really (really) did not want to.

Thank you for holding my hand in the airport, obsessing with me as I clutched that tiny ultrasound picture of Kayden after his twin was lost.

Thank you for not taking the two stunning prostitutes up on their offer in Hawaii.

Thank you for always being willing to help out in any way that you can. I never hesitate to offer your services because I know without a doubt you would drop anything to help someone.

Thank you for letting me socialize (sometimes at great length) after church.

Thank you for these two wonderful beings that are my life. You are a good dad.

Thank you for supporting me every step of this beautiful journey.

9 years later. Thank you for still loving me like that.

4 comments:

Lara said...

this is beautiful! happy anniversary.

Michelle said...

beautiful, truthful sentiments. thanks for sharing. Happy Anniversary and happy snow day!!

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Congrats, sounds like a great guy :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Josh & Jamie!

Love, Joan