Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge

After seeing Chelle's excellent adventure to Splash Universe, we thought we might like to travel there for an overnight visit for my 30th birthday.

Until we read the reviews.

Something about how the water looked like "a sea of people" in almost every comment gave us pause.

Off to Great Wolf we went instead. That place is an experience.

We were so blessed to arrive to an empty hotel. Rows of vacant chairs and lifeguards waiting for us to ride. I even got an hour "just Kayden and mom" time late Friday night. I love that.

Bryce decided against sleeping during the night, so Josh was wandering the halls with him. The night manager was slipping bills under the door as Josh turned the corner. Needless to say, he was not expecting a 6'8" dude. Bribery ensued when he brought Wolfie as an apology.

I have heard wonderful things about Great Wolf, and I could not have been happier with our stay. It is an experience. From the rooms to the hallway decorations, the water park, the milk and cookies brought by "Big Wolfie". We loved it. Already planning a trip back.

A few pictures:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Great Wolf did you go to? Just curious as we were looking into visiting one, and it looks like you picked a great one!

Lyn said...

cute pictures Jamie! Your boys are getting so big and adorable.

Anonymous said...

Ron & I took the family there last year for Jaida's birthday...We had a great time too...It kinda hurt the pocket book though!!

MiniMe Mom said...

We went to Traverse City. I loved it, but we also went when the hotel was empty. I bet my son would not have loved it quite as much if we had to wait in line.

We payed about $140...it was the food that was killer!

Great time, we are going back in the spring.