Friday, February 15, 2008


We love the Grand Rapids Children's Museum! Bob the Builder is there now, one of my favorite exhibits they have had.
So, on Wednesday, we packed up and headed downtown. On the way back, Kayden said he was so hungry; off to McDonalds we went. After a little ways, I noticed Kayden was really quiet, so I looked back to see he was choking. Five 'throw-ups" later, and a big old mess in my car, I headed home feeling shaken. It is a helpless feeling, and I miserably failed at being pro-active in the situation. I just sat there looking at him, like, is this really happening?
The rest of the day passed without incident (other than Josh's team winning the semi- final game. Go Professional Pharmacy) so I figured I would take better care to keep an eye on him eating in the car.
Fast forwad to 1am. [Side note: In our house, we actually have a intercom system throughout the house, albeit an old one. However, that is not the attention grabber of choice. If one of us wants the other one, we proceed to the nearest wall and bang.] I heard some banging, so went to go check. Lots and lots more sickness. I felt so bad for the poor kid. I was actually so relieved to know Kayden had the flu, and that he had not been choking earlier at McDonalds. Two day of washing around the clock later....
I need to also give a big thanks to my hubby who is so much better with this than me. I can handle it for just so long without feeling queasy myself. Dad rocks.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Can Kayden puke?

Yes, he can!

(Read as if Bob was saying it.)

MiniMe Mom said...

Yes, Kayden can puke quite well. It is normally all over something that it VERY hard to clean.

Anonymous said...

Cleaning up Puke blows. A couple of my girls puked on me around Thanksgiving when all 3 were doing it.

Josh Rocks!

Unknown said...

Cleaning puck out of the car SUCKS....and the stink just doesn't go away!!!!

Been there, done that....

and I agree dads do rock

I hope Kayden's feeling better.

Olivia said...

Sounds like our Wednesday early AM - just not in the car.

My husband was a huge help in the clean-up with Levi and then me yesterday. I don't think I could've handled it alone!