Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy 35th Birthday

A few pictures from the school party.

The cake --isn't is awesome?
Being mauled by 4th graders


A few highlights from the day:


*riding to the Zeeland 8th grade boy's basketball game. Three junior high girls. My car officially seats two, so one rode in the far back "trunk space".
*Kayden reciting his Sylvester/Tweety monologue, ending in "Drop It, Drop It, Drop It" louder and louder the more attentive the audience of giggling girls was.
*the basketball game. Although it resulted in a loss, the boys played better than they ever had before and it was truly a great game with the final score being only 1 pt difference. Bitter wife predictably blames it on bad refs.
*Grandma Birdy's surprise cupcakes. Yum.
*Josh opening half-eaten presents. While wrapping earlier in the day, I took a phone call and Kayden chewed through eight pieces of gum in about five minutes. Opening half a pack of gum just ain't the same.
*the present Kayden left for Josh in the potty chair. We have been trying for #2 on the potty for four months now. We even took a picture to send to my parents in Hawaii....TMI? Now, that is all Kayden wants to see. Proud already at age three.


And now, in honor of my annual birthday tradition of sharing facts Josh would hate me sharing....

10. He hates the smell of eggs, tuna fish, coconut, and nursing homes. Well, I agree with that last one. And tuna.
9. He hates Duke. With a passion.
8. He must love me (a lot) to leave sunny So Cal to live in this weather.
7. He loves all frozen foods- pizza, mozzarella sticks, fries, chicken tenders. Good thing he is tall or he could possibly weigh 400 pounds.
6. Mirage Tanning is still in business solely because of Josh. I actually looked into buying a tanning bed for Christmas to save us money.
5. He bumps his head at least once a week. I flew back to buy this house alone...not realizing our staircase and basement bathroom ceiling is too short.
4. His truck is called the Green Hornet. Don't look too close or you might see the muffler...falling off. No, seriously.
3. He is taking master's classes at GVSU, and loves every minute of it. Even though he is in class with all women. Wait, that may possibly be why he loves it?
2. He never answers his cell phone. Ever. For a long time, I thought it was just when I called, but it really is universal.
1. He cleaned toilets in college. For a job. For minimum wage. No wonder he is so willing to clean ours.



All kidding aside, I am so blessed to have him as a husband. Without being too mushy, I love spending time with him, am so happy for his unconditional support, proud of the father he has become, and am honored God brought him to me. Happy Birthday, dear!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Now we know that you are the "oldest young guy" on the Over the Hill Basketball team. Seriously though, I hope I can still dunk when I turn 35. HA! Thanks Jamie for sharing that.

Michelle said...

happy birthday Josh!
sounds like it was a great day.

don't you shovel the snow in bare feet too?? another interesting tid-bit?

BTW, I don't believe Braaaad can dunk at 33, what makes him think he will at 35?

Anonymous said...

I'm 45 and I still dunk all the time. Chocolate chip cookies just aren't the same if they haven't been dunked in milk first.

Anonymous said...

Once my knee heals I too will be dunking again. Ha! I am glad to hear he bumps his head all the time. I too bump my head a lot and it did not really affect me until I reached 45yrs. Now I can't remember my name. Happy birthday Josh, all great people are born in Feb. Next game is Weds at 8:30.

Laurie said...

I can't get over the tanning thing ... He may just be the first man I knowo who admits to going to the tanning salon. (Or maybe you just admit it for him?) :)

Anonymous said...

Cotton Candy!!! I eat one whole bag of blue at the store. My teeth and tongue were blue. Oh yes, people noticed and I had to explain. It was worth it. PS - it made my knee feel much better.