Saturday, February 02, 2008

Need vacation!

My parents left for Hawaii on Friday morning, and I cannot stop thinking about vacation; specifically our lack of. Seems like everyone I know is either 1) already away or 2) going away soon (yes, I am talking about you Triplet Mom).

Instead of vacationing on the sandy beaches or whisking away to Mexico to relax in the sun, we are trying to come up with a place for a small getaway as consolation. We were thinking Double J, since it would be fun for Kayden (although not the slightest bit of vacation for us with all the screaming kids). I thought some of you had bad experiences with it, though, am I right?

So, here is my mission, fellow bloggers. I need to find a place that is:
  • within driving distance, as we only plan on going overnight
  • affordable
  • includes some sort of indoor activities that would be fun for a three-year-old
  • warm water if it is a pool area
  • not terribly overcrowded (this last one might be asking too much!)

Anyone know of this place?

5 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Sorry Jamie!
I didn't go anywhere last year... except to Dundee, MI Cabellas with Brad. Mexico it ain't! I don't recommend that trip for your family!

Nicole said...

We take the kids to the Holiday Inn Express off 68th, behind Arby's....I remember it being a bit chilly, though....

Katie said...

That is exactly what I want to do too! My parents took the whole family the great wolf lodge last year for the grandkids christmas present. It wasn't too busy, but its wasn't exactly quiet either. We had a great time though.

Julie said...

Jamie,
Check out Josh's Birthday cake on my blog:
www.sugarsmiles07.blogspot.com
Hope you have fun celebrating his Birthday!
Julie
(Lindsey's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Stay someplace in Holland and go to the Holland Aquatic Center. They have an Olympic size pool with diving boards, obstacle course and basketball hoops. A smaller pool with a slide and a whirlpool to play in, and also a kids area with a castle and water guns. There is also a hot tub for Mom and Dad.