Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Angels

You may want to stop reading this if you intend to have Josh for a teacher someday...

Every year, we try to come up with something original and yet easy to make for the fourth graders to give to their parents. We have tried so many different projects over the years, only to have them flop miserably. I wish I had photos of the scary paint-dripped pumpkin faces, the scrapbook boxes last year that were beautiful in my mind, but too time-consuming and costly to implement, or the puffy paint picture frames of 2005 that peeled off before given.









Finally this year, we found the perfect craft to give Mom and Dad. Enter: the macaroni angel ornament. Easy to put together, beautiful presentation, only about $1 a piece to make. This will be the 4th-grade Christmas craft for years to come!



A special thanks to my mom , who came to watch Kayden while we finished and wrapped them.



The 2007-2008 4th grade class



Ready for Break

_____________________________________

Kayden has been cracking me up with how logical he is becoming. Instead of just repeating what he hears (although he does repeat the things I don't want repeated- loudly and usually at church), he is coming up with thoughts of his own. He has always been game for a good hug or 'cuddle-time', as we call it. Last night when he was watching Elmer Fudd, I asked him to come give me cuddles. He said, "No, I am busy. You cuddle yourself."


In case I don't get a chance to blog before, have a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I would have read your blog before Christmas, then I could have made one for Judy for Christma. Oh well, she likes her chair anyway. Happy New Year.