Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dreamin'


For as long as I can remember, I have loved acting. I'm the classic dreamer, I never think small scale about anything...I did small stuff while in high school and once I moved to Southern California I knew I had to take a shot at it. With my always supportive husband giving me the okay, I traveled four days a week into Los Angeles to take acting classes, shoot small indie films, audition, meet with managers, agents, casting directors, be the (ever so glamourous) extra on set, or just pretend I was cool hanging out with all my actor friends at this small little snooty cafe in West Hollywood/Studio City. I would actually come home to MI to visit and see friends of mine with two or three kids and think they were crazy!

Garth Brooks said it best, "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers." I never in a million years would have thought my life's work would be sewing. I started sewing late in life and truly love it. I still have a couple of friends that I will once in a while see doing TV commercials, or talk to them on the phone and that life is so far removed to me. Kayden and Josh make me so happy and I am thankful that God had a much better plan for me. I really am loving where I am at right now and it has been an incredibly long time since I have been able to say that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad that you like where you are, but we sure miss you here!
Brigette

Anonymous said...

I second that! I really want to comoe out there and visit you!
Jillian

MiniMe Mom said...

Jilly,
You know you are welcome anytime. We sure miss you, especially when we see the MTV episode that you are on. Hilarious, even the second time...When you're band is touring and you come to Grand Rapids I will come to your concert and cheer you on. Miss seeing you...

Michelle said...

I learned something new about you today, so what have you starred in???