Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back to School




For most moms, as kids go back to school, time is freed up in their day. The opposite is true
for me. Gone are the days of leisure with Josh around to help with Kayden.
Some highlights of the summer:
~Packing the car, the bikes, the bike cart, snacks, beverages, extra diapers and heading out to Rockford for a bike ride. Ten minutes into the ride, having to turn around because Kayden won't stop screaming bloody murder.
~Taking nightly walks with Josh (after Jeopardy,of course) and getting caught in the rain and running the whole way home laughing all the way.
~The 90 degree day we actually spent almost nine full hours in the pool
~Playing Co-Ed softball with Josh and him hitting home runs every game. Winning the co-ed tournament which is probably the biggest sports moment of my life. Sad, but true.
I can't help but feel a bit gloomy as I think of the little time I get to spend with Josh once school is in session....


No comments: