Monday, October 15, 2012

Where?

Where does one begin when it has been so long?
This could go down as the most random post ever, but here goes....




I blogged about it a few months ago, and here it is- Tessa's Treats.

In the last year, Josh and I both felt God telling us to be faithful and help others in the way we were helped.

We asked Rachael to find out what the NICU needed, and collectively came up with this treat station.

I remember so many times, I would be at Tessa's bedside for hours and hours at a time. And wouldn't you know it, that was the day I forgot my wallet or we had a negative balance in our checking account.

So I wouldn't eat.

This went on for a few weeks until we put a call out for help on facebook and Tessa's blog. The reaction was overwhelming and very humbling. Snacks and goodies and gift cards came pouring in, each one so helpful and very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, not everyone has the kind of community support we had.

We are hoping that God's love can be felt through something as simple as providing a snack and reading Tessa's story.

Our biggest problem right now is keeping it stocked.

There are 70-90 babies there at any given time, and so this goes FAST.

If you are out and about, and would want to pick up an extra box of granola bars, chips, cookies, snacks, etc......we would love your help to keep Tessa's Treats full of goodies for parents going through a truly rough time.

Shifting gears a bit....

My aerobics teacher used to always tell me that the hardest part of working out is putting on your shoes.

This past spring, after the Diemer run, I officially and publicly declared my retirement.

A week went by, and something strange happened....I was craving running.
So, I started back up again with all intentions of pulling a Michael Jordan and popping in and out of retirement.
We will see what happens through the winter, but so far, so good.


These two have a love/hate relationship. She pesters and pesters him. Just when you think she is going to crawl right by, into her hands goes a huge chunk of  his hair.

Kayden, on the other hand, is still completely in love with Tessa.
and vice versa.

The second he gets home from school, she is reaching out for him to carry her around and giggling and babbling. So fun to watch.


This was my favorite thing we did this past summer.

I bought a groupon for the Double RR Ranch, not to be confused with the Double JJ Ranch.

Sprawling grounds laid ahead of us as we set out on the trails. Bryce opted for his own horse, and I figured we would walk a little circle trail and be finished with the ride.

Thank goodness I had him wear a helmet.

The horses would randomly shoot off on a different trail, forcing the guide to abandon the other 7 of us while he chased after wayward horse.

Just as my kids got the hang of riding, we came to a river.

Full of rocks, that the horses don't really love going on.

And it was belly deep on the horse.

Oh, and Kayden's horse decided that under NO circumstance was he going more than ankle deep in said river.

We finally crossed the river after much coaxing, and the guide turned around and said, "Okay, now it is time to trot".

Watching my kids trot, and the giggles it evoked, was something I never want to forget.

The beauty of crossing the river, the landscape, the "advanced" trail riding--it really was fantastic.

As a bonus, I got to see Josh fall squarely on top of our 5 foot 2 guide as he dismounted.

I nearly peed my pants.


This little girl is doing fantastic! We went to her developmental check and she is right on track, if maybe a wee bit tiny for her age. She is 18 pounds of pure spunk and a very good baby. She is easy going and loves to be out and about.


This was taken just the other day at the Birds. We had a fun day of hunting for apples, playing pumpkin shuffleboard, and just hanging out. 6 kids smiling? A rare feat :-)


Double the trouble! Tessa loves her cousin!

First day of Second grade 


First day of Preschool (four year old)

This is a little bit older---taken on my dad's birthday in August. I just love this picture, though! In case I ever get around to doing a blog book, I want this in it:-) 


Our family picture. I can still see my mom running back and forth with her arms waving to get us all to smile.

The things she does for us, huh?



Our days are full, but we are blessed!

God is good.



1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm sincerely LOLing right now picturing your very tall hubby falling off his horse on to your short guide. Thanks for catching us all up! Your family is beautiful.