Thursday, April 15, 2010

Top 5 Spring Break Highlights

In NO particular order:

5. Bryce had a Doctor's appointment--he grew over three inches in the last five months.

Height: 36.5 inches, 95%

Weight: 29 lbs 7 ounces, 50-75%

He is still almost a full year behind his brother. Kayden was this size around ONE year:-)


A picture of my favorite dimple. I love dimples!

4. Kayden learned to ride a bike without training wheels.

Last year, we knew he was ready. However, it was the end of the season, so Josh and I both agreed that we would take them off as soon as it got warm this year.

In preparation, my mom bought this little handle that attaches to the back of the bike so that you can run behind it effortlessly.

Josh was taking it out of the package, and I told Kayden to hop on his bike and we would practice a little bit until Daddy came out and would run behind him up and down the road.

I pushed him two steps, and he took off down the hill on our driveway.

I ran after him, panicked, until I realized he was completely steady on his bike. Not one wobble; not one waiver. He took off down the road, circled around, then came back up our driveway.

I stood there dumbfounded.

You were right, mom:-) I should have taken them off a long time ago!

3. Our first trip to the ER with Kayden (I did not say all of them were good memories!)

We were unloading wood from Josh's pickup when I heard him crying,

And not that whiny, 'I got a little scrape' cry.

The one where you just know trouble has arrived.

I looked and he had blood dripping down his face and spilling onto his clothes, shorts, anything in his path.
I yelled for Josh and we headed straight to the ER. By the time we got there and into our room, the bleeding had stopped.

He only needed it taped together, but it was traumatic for him.

I couldn't believe it was his first ER trip after we have taken Bryce so many times!


2. Brycer turned TWO!

I cannot believe my little guy is now a big guy. There isn't any "baby" left to him anymore!

He is talking wholeheartedly, and today even sang me the Happy Birthday song. He is funny and bright, and full of laughs...and completely two years old. Into everything and full of attitude!

Chuck E Cheese- we were worried because it was Spring Break, but it wasn't that busy!

Bryce LOVES Chuck E Cheese.

At our house before the party.


Opening presents with Uncle Justin's help.

His present from Gma and Papa Van- a new train...

...which Kayden got a huge kick out of.

1. Great Wolf Lodge

Gma and Papa Birdy took us to Great Wolf, along with Josh's sister and her family. It was wonderful to spend some time together and relax in the water park.

The kids loved all the water slides and activities.



With his cousin


all the grandkids with gma and papa. So much FUN!

All in all, what a wonderful spring break we had. It makes me excited for summer, where Josh and I get to spend every day together with the kids.

Hope you had a good one, too!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jamie - You have such a gorgeous family!! And what a week you had - I figure I have a little more time with X before he loses all his "baby" stuff.. And that gash looks awful - how scary for you all! Glad he's okay!!

Anonymous said...

the boys are beautiful as always, sure enjoyed the birthday party and chucky cheese with the family. I love the picture of you and the boys.

Love ya, Mom

Jill said...

cute pictures of the kids!

Anonymous said...

I would like to know who put Kayden's short on in the last picture. It looks like Papa Van was their tucking them into his shirt LOL

MiniMe Mom said...

I did not even notice that. I am not sure who did that! Probably Josh to be funny:)