Sunday, January 03, 2010

Our Life, in Pictures

Alternatively titled: So many pictures your retina's might bleed.


10 years.


A decade.


Wow, that went by in a blink.


As I was preparing for this post, looking back over old pictures, so many wonderful memories come to mind. More for my own purpose than anyone else's, I thought I would document a few of the highlights.


Location: Ontario airport. It was the first time I met Josh, and this was taken before I boarded the plane.

I cried the whole way home, even though he was visiting a month later for Christmas.

Thus became our life. Anticipating our time together, seeing each other for a week, and then profound sadness when it came time to leave. Oh, how I hated leaving.


This picture is from our wedding. I just loved how it captured the church.


Beads and lace and tiaras, oh my!

Blond hair for both

Our first apartment in Redlands. My parents rented this mini-van and we drove to San Fran.

Taken in San Fran.

The Herman Miller Picnic, 2003

Josh mocking my dad and how high he wears his pants. No idea why they are inside out.

Visiting for Christmas 2003

Josh's sisters wedding 2004


The old classroom, with air cranked full blast.


Carmelo the dog. We got him and found out we were pregnant the next week. Go figure.


Our backyard, large by CA standards.

The city of Redlands. This has to be summer, because it is pretty smoggy.

2 Coral Court. Seven Eleven was kitty corner, and we walked to get Slurpees at least three times a week.


Josh's banners for Boys Basketball:-)

Just found out we were pregnant with Kayden

Met my parents in Vegas
My parents took us all on a trip to Myrtle Beach when I was about six months pregnant.
We are just a barrel of laughs, huh?
Baby Shower for K.

Our first Christmas with Kayden

Right before we moved to Michigan

The car that we owned for one month. Josh was hit by a drunk driver.

Summer of 2006



Turning ONE and loving life.
Pregnant with Brycer

With our new little baby.


_______________________________________
In honor of our anniversary, Josh surprised me by gathering our friends at Applebees for dinner. Chelle put up some great pictures here. As my gift, he planned a surprise trip to NYC with two friends. I am still shocked he pulled it off without my knowing!

Some of you may know that my Grandpa Van is my hero. He died a few years after we were married, but I always had a special relationship with him. He was known for being a teaser; always in a nice way.

Right after I got back from my first visit to CA and meeting Josh, I went to visit my grandparents. I took along a picture of Josh and I in front of the Santa Monica Ferris Wheel to show them my new love.

He looked at it for a while, then looked back up at me. With a twinkle in his eye, he said "How did you get him?"

I honestly still don't know.

I am blessed and fortunate that I get to spend this "beautiful thing we call life" with someone as great as Josh.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Ten years ago, we made that promise.

My sincere hope is we have forty more as great as the first ten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Josh on 10 very special years and giving us two very special grandsons. You two are wonderful kids and have blessed us in so many ways, We are happy that God picked Josh for you and you for Josh, it has been a great pleasure to watch you grow as a couple over the years, you make a great team. We love you guys and are thankful for you!

Love, Mom

Michelle said...

Such a nice stroll down your memory lane! Since I've only known you for the last few pix, I was delighted to see Joshy B. and his 1990s self ;-) You have aged beautifully as well, you still look young and fresh faced! :)

What I do spy in one of the pix, namely the one where Josh is wearing pants like your pops-- It seems that you were watching an episode of Cheers? if so, awesome.

Happy first decade, guys.

natalie said...

Happy anniversary! I love seeing all the pictures from days past before we knew you!
Have fun in NYC!