Thursday, December 10, 2009

What to do with a Snow Day?

We took some time organizing a craft project for the fourth graders this week.
And then working on Christmas Gifts for a few others:

The supplies.
A few jars, some ribbons, hot glue, bells.
Oh, and LOTS of candy:-)


and leftover candy that is now gone.

Snow days for us are an unexpected treat. It is like getting a bonus Saturday in the middle of the week. My house is clean, I got to craft, I moved some things into the apartment for the Burmese refugees.... I even got to take a nap!

I {heart} snow days.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky for you - I haven't gotten anything done, had to referee four kids and have an even messier house.

Plus I have two boys who really, really want to go to school. The only bonus is I got to sleep until 8:30. :)

Michelle said...

cute crafts! my 4th grader will be excited!
I gotta say I like the snow days too, the up side to Dan being slow (no work) is that he is loitering around the house a bit too. The problem here is that we want to eat all.day.long.

MiniMe Mom said...

Good point Cara. If Kayden was home all three days without Josh, it could have been quite miserable. That kid needs order and something to do.