Thursday, August 27, 2009

The gift that keeps on giving

My computer crashed a few weeks back.

I did what any respectable non-techy girl would do. I took it to my dad.

He worked with it all night, and could not figure it out.

Go to Plan B. My brother.

He is going to school for computer programming, and if anyone can fix it...he can.

He tore the thing apart, and found out that a faulty power connector was to blame. The part was as much as just replacing the computer, so I opted for a new PC. Sorry, Mac lovers.

Anyhow, my new computer came and my helpful brother helped get it up and running last week.

What happened to the old computer, you ask?
Well, it is parked right next to the desk. No use actually throwing it away when it can sit useless on the floor, right?

As I was walking past it this afternoon, my toe stubbed on the corner of the open computer.

It hurt pretty bad, but I was on my way to get Kayden a popsicle after all, so I needed to hurry to the fridge.

I noticed a trail of blood behind me when I took a good look.

Sliced the tip of my toe, right down the middle of my toe nail.

3 hours in the Urgent Care and a few stitches later, and the computer safely made it to the trash where it belongs.

2 comments:

braaaaaaaaaaaad said...

Don't be sorry. You obviously need a computer for actual work. That is what a PC is for. A Mac is just for playing around.

Michelle said...

A Mac would never cut your toe like that, it would only feel like a tickle, no ER required. :)