Wednesday, August 12, 2009

57

In the last few weeks, we have had a lot of problems around here.

It all started with the dimmer switch in our living room. It just would not turn on.

We always eat family dinners on Sunday at our house, so we asked my dad to take a look at it. To describe my dad as handy is an understatement.

If it can be fixed, he can fix it.

Sure enough, dad grabbed his tool box out of his car and a half hour later, it was fixed.

Over the next few Sundays, something around here needed fixing every week.

Our door for the outside pool privacy fence toppled over. Before I knew it, Josh and my dad were pulling out the two by four and 40 lbs of cement.

We had electricity shocks shooting out of the wall in the playroom.

Another outlet in the living room that shocked you when touched.

A pool slide with broken legs that I got on Craig's List for $50 (I am really sorry about this one, dad). An all day affair, getting that bolted into the concrete.

As you can see, we really would be in a bind here without my dad.

That, however, is not the best part about him.

One look at the video below, and you will see.

He is hilarious. Quirky to a fault.

The very worst birthday singer- the louder and more off key the better.

I have so much fun with my family, and he is a big reason why.

I remember as a child walking into the indoor pool area of a hotel, and my dad and uncle were sitting in the lounge chairs in the shallow end of the pool.

All sorts of wonderful, great adventures were a normal part of my upbringing and I am so thankful I have a dad that loved us and spent so much time with us.

Thanks Dad. Happy 57th. Here's to 57 more:-)

No comments: