Monday, February 16, 2009

I get it.


I was watching the Anne Curry interview with the Octuplet mom today.

What a cuck-a-doo, I thought, for most of the interview. I mean, 14 kids? As a single parent with no income? Come-On.

Then something she said really made sense to me. She was talking about how she loved that bond between baby and mom. How happy she was holding them as babies....and I get it.

I really do.

I LOVE babies. I was holding a little 9 pounder on Sunday morning, and the grunting sounds she whispered into my ear reminded me just how short lived that "baby" stage actually is.

The scent of baby lotion, the teeny toes, the peaceful way they slumber, the wrinkly skin waiting to grow...I love it all. Even though I enjoy Bryce getting bigger and taking on new challenges, part of me grieves that he is no longer that "baby-ish". As I talk to more and more women, I have heard that it takes a while for that longing to pass.

I can say this. There is one thing that would stop me from having fourteen kids, though:

This guy.

He is good with two.

I mean, other than the money, housing, Christian schooling, lack of time, transportation, and post-pregnancy body issues.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't even get into that wack job and her IDIOT Dr but I will say that Josh is a very wise man.

Please remind him of our game Wednesday.

Unknown said...

I too love the bond with a baby and smell of Baby Magic Lotion. But that doesn't mean I want fourteen kids.

I agree that she's kind of a whack job. One person can't give those babies and kids everything they need. I hope she has an increible support system of family and friends...cause she's going to need it!!!!

Triplet Mom said...

At risk of sounding like my husband...
At some point your desire to smell that new baby smell is no longer your right when you want the government (us) to pay for them. Just because we desire or want something, doesn't mean we should get it. That's what I would say to this woman if I met her.

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to get into her head!

PS...What about that little girl?

Joan

MiniMe Mom said...

You mean her child with autism? That is what I cannot understand. She has one, possibly two, special needs children. In a teeny little house with no support.

I can barely keep up with two.

What a nut.

Unknown said...

I heard on the news this week that the house she is living in (that her mother owns) is going into forecloser. What is going to happen then????

MiniMe Mom said...

Someone is going to build her a new one. Can you believe that? Ugh, why don't we just reward irresponsible behavior.