Friday, October 17, 2008

You remember the picture from when I was younger, right?
Just to refresh your memory, here it is again for those of you that missed this nugget the first time around:
Cute.

Needless to say, the boys were not knocking down the doors.

My Friday nights constisted of sitting next to my cassette player, pressing play, rewind, rewind again, rewind a little more.

Perfect.

That first verse, sung in full falsetto, from New Kids on the Block still brings me back to that very minute.

Oh, Jordan. You had me at "I'll be Loving You Forever."

There are other songs that I love to reminisce to as well.

Boys to Men End of the Road still lends itself to sweaty palms waiting to be asked to dance at the church 8th grade mixer. See said picture above for answer.

Bob Seger We've Got Tonight when my best friend Gabby had to go back to Mexico.

The Cure Pictures of You, Depeche Mode Somebody, or Hootie and the Blowfish Only Lonely on the Inside from the mixer tape Josh sent to scan the 3,000 mile gap between us.

anything by Journey.

However, none capture it quite like NKOTB, as it was the first. Writing "I love Joey" on the whiteboard with my sixth grade friends. Good times.

So, while I was watching the Rachel Ray show today and there were mid-thirty somethings still swooning after them, I kind of get it. However, more than one audience member was kissing their Donnie Barbie Doll.

And that, blogger nation, disturbes me.

No comments: